Citizens under the age of 18, as well as citizens under the age of 23 subject to compulsory military service, conscripts, servicemen, citizens registered in the reserve, and female citizens can participate in the admission to military educational institutions.
How to apply?
From February of each year, applicants must apply to the regional military commissariats, and servicemen in contract or compulsory military service must apply to the commander of their military unit, where personal files are drawn up, and the following documents must be submitted:
- Application in the name of the military commissar of the place of residence, stating the name, patronymic, surname, date of birtհ, in which profession and to which military education institution the applicant wants to be admitted to
- Profession selection card;
- Characteristics for citizens who have completed military service (for citizens- from the place of study or work);
- Medical card with fluorographic, ultrasound, notes on other medical examinations, dermatological certificate, references from psychiatric-narcological dispensaries;
- A copy of the birth certificate approved by the military commissar (commander of the military unit) in two copies;
- Certificate of non-registration at the police station of the place of residence;
- Parent agreement for sending a son (daughter) for education (for citizens under 18);
- Certificate of secondary education or secondary professional-vocational technical education (copy);
- Reference on family composition;
- Copy of passport (pages 2-5);
- Copy of social card;
- 4 color photos (size 3 x 4 cm).
The unified exams to be taken by the applicants are:
1. Mathematics (submitted "B" version of the unified exam),
2. Physics (submitted "B" version of the unified exam).
The attachment certificate (military book), the passport and the certificate together with the certificates of unified examinations are submitted by the applicants in person on the day of appearance to the executive secretary of the admission commission.
All applicants undergo a centralized medical examination.
The Central Admissions Committee organizes:
- Examination in the subject of physical training;
- Interview on "Professional Orientation and Psychological Compatibility".
The military commissariats and military units submit the applications (with personal files) to the Admission Committee of the RA Ministry of Defence within the terms specified in the order of the RA Minister of Defence on organizing the reception (February-May).
The Admissions Committee of the RA Ministry of Defence checks the availability of the necessary documents and appoints the days of medical examination and physical examination. The medical examination is carried out according to the criteria of the military educational institution mentioned by the applicant, defined for the health condition of the applicants.
Only applicants who have received positive marks from the appointed exams and are considered fit to study at the given institution can participate in the admission competition.
The competition is organized at the Military Aviation University after Marshal A. Khanperyants of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia with the participation of the committee established by the order of the Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia, the media invited, and the parents of applicants.
The competition is organized in the following way:
• According to the points received from the competition subjects (in descending order), lists of names are formed and in that order the applicants are interviewed on the topic "Professional orientation - psychological compatibility". The interview is conducted by a committee set up by the order of the RA Minister of Defence.
During the interview, the applicant who has demonstrated positive results can consult with their parents and choose the military educational institution where they want to study. If there are no places left in the given military educational institution, the applicant will be offered to study in another military educational institution.
Based on the work of the committee, the order of the RA Minister of Defence on the admission is issued.
Admitted cadets are considered servicemen, and according to Article 6 Part 3, Article 32 Part 1 Clause 5, and Part 3 Clause 3 of the RA Law "On the Status of the RA Military Service and Serviceman" an agreement on continuing the service is signed with them. Citizens who have not completed compulsory military service, who have been admitted to military educational institutions, are considered to be conscripts during their studies, and the rights and responsibilities defined by law for conscripts are applied to them.
Privileges granted to applicants
1. The following are accepted through non-competitive procedure:
- Soldiers who have applied to higher military education institutions, received positive scores on entrance exams, and met the other requirements of professional choice, have participated in military operations;
- Children of servicemen and freedom fighters who applied for military professional qualifications, received positive scores on entrance exams, met other requirements for professional selection, died in action (or were wounded and eventually died).
2. In case of equal points, preference is given to:
- Soldiers who have applied to higher education institutions, received positive scores on entrance exams, and met other requirements for professional selection, have been awarded government awards;
- Have applied for military professional military education institutions, received positive scores from entrance exams, meet other requirements of professional choice:
- Children of servicemen and freedom fighters who became disabled during the hostilities;
- Applicants awarded government-departmental awards;
- Applicants who have graduated from the military educational institutions of the RA Ministry of Defence,
- Applicants who have flown with a parachute at least 3 times (for those appliying to aviation military education institution);
- Persons who have completed compulsory military service for a period of no less than 1 year.