Marshal Armenak Khanperyants Military Aviation University of the RA Ministry of Defence implements educational programs with a bachelor's degree in higher military professional education in the system of the RA Ministry of Defence for 4 years and 5 years in 13 specialties. The main task of the university is to train officers with bachelor's degrees in military aviation, communications and air defence.
In accordance with the provisions of the Bologna Declaration, the university has switched to a system of monitoring and assessment of cadets' knowledge. Students' knowledge is assessed on a scale of 0-100 points.
There are four faculties at the University, three of which are specialized (aviation, communication, air defence) and one is a faculty of general education.
The university organizes four-year, five-year bachelor's programs for the cadets in the following specialties:
1. 9 specialties in the Faculty of Aviation:
- Aircraft flight operation (aircraft). Duration of study: 4 years. Qualification: Pilot-bachelor.
- Aircraft flight operation (helicopter). Duration of study: 4 years. Qualification: Pilot-bachelor.
- Aircraft and engines (aircraft). Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Aircraft and engines (helicopter). Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Aviation armament. Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Aircraft aviation equipment. Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Aircraft radio equipment. Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Combat Air Traffic Control - Commander. Duration of study: 4 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Management.
- Operation and use of drones. Duration of study: 4 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
2. 1 specialty in the Faculty of Communication.
- Military communication equipment. Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
3. 3 specialties in the faculty of Air defence.
- Medium-range short-range air defence systems. Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Near air defence anti-aircraft systems. Duration of study: 4 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
- Air defence radar complexes. Duration of study: 5 years. Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering.
Experienced instructors teach at the university. General subjects are taught by instructors invited from RA higher educational institutions, and professional subjects are taught by officers who have served in the RA Armed Forces and later graduated from military academies or taken academic courses. The teaching process of some narrow professional subjects is organized in the laboratories of the National Polytechnic University of Armenia.
There are relevant logistics and military equipment bases established at the university, which allow conducting classes in accordance with the requirements of the subject programs.
The university has professional classrooms, laboratories, gyms, in particular:
- Physics laboratory,
- Computer lab;
- Laboratories of electrical and radio engineering subjects;
- English language specialized classroom;
- 4 aviation and air defence equipment training halls (aircraft, helicopter, "Igla" systems, firearms training equipment),
- Foreign language training center, where lessons of English are organized,
- electronic library.
The Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia is actively working to replenish the material and technical base of the university.
External practical classes are organized at the university, using the military equipment and weapons of the military units.
During the training, field trips and internships are organized in military units to gain relevant experience and skills.
During the study, the cadets' knowledge is tested through mid-term and final exams. The state final exams are accepted by the state examination committee. In case of passing the exams, the graduates receive the first rank of "lieutenant" and a relevant professional qualification, after which they participate in the draw and continue service in the relevant positions in the RA Armed Forces. Children of graduates with an "Excellent Education" medal, diploma of excellence, freedom fighters and servicemen who died or were wounded (and eventually died) during the defence of the Republic of Armenia are allowed to choose the place of service at their discretion from the distribution lists approved by the Minister of Defence.
There are courses with additional educational programs organized at the university.
ONE-YEAR OFFICER COURSES FOR GRADUATES OF RA UNIVERSITIES.
1. 1 specialty in the faculty of communication:
- Military communication equipment. Duration of study: 1 year.
2. 3 specialties in the Air defence faculty:
- Medium-range and short-range air defence anti-aircraft systems. Duration of study: 1 year.
- Near air defence anti-aircraft systems. Duration of study: 1 year.
- Air defence radar complexes. Duration of study: 1 year.
COURSES WITH STUDENTS OF RA UNIVERSITIES:
- Teaching and practice of subjects of preliminary military training of undergraduate and graduate students studying in the specialty "Pedagogy and Psychology (military)" of the Faculty of Psychology and Sociology of the Kh. Abovyan State Pedagogical University. Duration of study: 4 years.
- Courses "Military Training" for students of RA universities, studying by order of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Armenia in the specialty "Military communications Equipment".
- Courses "Military Training" of students studying under the state order of the Universities of the Republic of Armenia in the specialties "military communications equipment" and "short-range anti-aircraft complexes of air defence. Duration of study: 2.5 years.
- Conducting some professional courses with students in the specialty "Technical operation of aircraft and engines" of the Transport Faculty of the National Polytechnic University of Armenia.
The university organizes online courses in aviation specialties.
The cadet staff of the university participates and conducts reports at the university, as well as at scientific and technical conferences and conferences of other universities. In Kh. Abovyan ASPU cadets took part in the international youth conference and received certificates.
In 2015, the cadets took part in the 3rd International Competition of Military Scientific Works organized in the Russian Federation and received diplomas:
In 2016, the “Ararat” team was formed from the cadets, which took part in the 5th International Competition "Give Wings to Your Ideas", held jointly by Airbus and UNESCO. The team was the only one out of 72 countries in the region that passed the first and second rounds.
Since 2014, the cadet staff of the University has been taking part in the combined arms Olympiad of the CIS countries in mathematics and English, taking various places in individual and team competitions and being awarded diplomas.
Cadets who have shown "excellent" academic performance and high discipline in the learning process are given nominal bonuses. Cadets are granted leave twice during the academic year: 30 days in summer, 15 days in winter. They receive scholarships during their studies.
Amateur art clubs, organization of inventive and innovative works, physical training and sports clubs, a Club of the cheerful and resourceful operate in the training battalion, a great attention is paid to patriotic education at the university.
The University cooperates with state higher educational institutions of the Republic of Armenia.